Dienstag, September 11, 2007
~ 9:50 PM ~
If I Kissed You by Corrinne May
If I kissed you
Would fireworks fly
Would angels sing with lollipops
Would dinosaurs cry
Would babies all gurgle in laughter and surprise
If I kissed you.
If I kissed you
What would Michaelangelo say
Would he still have sculpted David
Would we be immortalized in clay
Would the poets write of love like ours
Would John Donne have his say
If I kissed you
You could be one in a million
You could be the one for me
But l guess I'll never know if I never try
I guess I'll just have to grab you in my arms and kiss you.
If I kissed you
Would you lose track of time
Would you feel a surge of happiness
Running up your spine
Would you run naked in the street
with a tattoo of my name on your behind
If I kissed you.
Yeah, if I kissed you.
Oh, if I kissed you.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Every man's life is a fairy tale written by God's fingers. - Hans Christian Andersen
-------------------------------------------------------------
2 weeks have passed since my last update. In time again for my fortnightly update on my life.
These 2 weeks have been busy, busy, busy. With my school work, (especially western film history which is driving me crazy with its research), meeting up the people during the week for lunch or tuitions (I really should consider to go into full-time tuition. Apart from no CPF, it's quite a good paying job..), study groups with some of my friends (sorry for another group, which I seldom study together because I seldom go to school. That's the result of having only 5 modules in 1 semester.)
The weeks have been plain busy.
The last cg for N341 on the end of august was simply awesome. Magnificent. The presence was so strong that this was the first time so many people in the cg began to knelt down. Everyone was touched, refreshed. Was really glad that God was able to use me to minister to everyone. And that would be my goal for the rest of 2007. To be a co-usher of the presence of God with wh. It'll be an uphill task, but I believe nothing is too big for my God.
Some memorable parts are when we went jamming as a group (finally!) last monday. It was at this isolated place. Tan yaw was supposed to bring us there but he became the pilot for the day. So did the others. So left 3 guys went for jamming. Quite fun as we experimented with all different types of songs. And I learnt how to play bass! Yeah! (The next KC! Muahahah!) It's quite an easy but interesting concept for bass guitarists. I want to learn more! Then, wh joined us for a sing-a-long-karaoke-plus-jamming session. Hahaha. It was quite hilarious 'cause all of us played at different timing. Chaotic! Hahahaha. After that, Daph joined us for dinner. Ate oyster omelette (as usual? it's becoming a normal everyday dish already la..) and some fried rice. Hahaha. It's these types of random outings that you'll get to know people better, isn't it?
Praise God~! I'm now using an iPod mini~! Wuhoo! But... it's passed down from my brother and the battery got alot of problems. Hahaha. But at least it is still usable (i think), still trying the things out. Really quite a few testimonies these weeks. Blessings upon blessings. Sow and you will reap, and it is so true.
Friday (7/9/2007) was our cg outreach weekend. Went over to marina bay to play games. Simply hilarious and impromptu. Especially James! Hahaha. But everyone enjoyed themselves, also with the bbq. Chatting, eating, cooking, frying. It was a great time of fellowshipping. Then, most of the youngsters had to go home and we still went to the arcade with more screaming (hahaha.). After that, everyone took the train home, tired but pleased.
Saturday and sunday were 2 power-packed services with Nick Vujicic. A boy, who was born without any limbs, survived his childhood and went on to face life courageously. Circumstances were up against him, who would have wondered what will become of him 20 years down to road? Our victory is not in changing the circumstances but the attitude that we carry through during our circumstances.
I believe for Nick, there are alot of times he felt like giving up, to throw in the towel. But the attitude he has to live through life as more than a conqueror propelled him forward, even up till this day. And he's going all over the world, impacting the people with his attitude and his fervency in life. And the reason and source behind it all, is God.
He said something that impacted me personally.
"We can't exercise courage without being afraid. We can't exercise patience without waiting. Let patience has its perfect work..."
"Because we can't see the good yet, doesn't mean that it isn't coming."
"It doesn't mean that when I have a weakness, I cannot serve. But through my weakness, His strength is manifested through me. In my weakness, I become the miracle." Ref: Jn 9:1-3
"Our hope is not in comparing pains. You may feel that I'm pityful because I do not have limbs, I do not have arms and legs. But to me, someone who has a brokened family is more pityful. To me, someone who has been abused since young is more pityful... But our hope is not in comparing the pains, but it is in relation to God."
These were the 4 revelations that I got from his testimony. And it really impacted everyone who was there. Totally touched, renewed. I really salute you, Nick~! May His grace and mercy and power be always be on you. Love ya, bro~!
To know more about Nick Vujicic, you can go to his website, http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/.
That's all for this round of update.
Till next time,
Till the last trumpet sound.
----------------------------------------
Collide By Howie Day
The dawn is breaking
A light shining through
You're barely waking
And I'm tangled up in you
Yeah
I'm open, you're closed
Where I follow, you'll go
I worry I won't see your face
Light up again
Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow find
You and I collide
I'm quiet you know
You make a first impression
I've found I'm scared to know I'm always on your mind
Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the stars refuse to shine
Out of the back you fall in time
I somehow find
You and I collide
Don't stop here
I lost my place
I'm close behind
Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills your mind
You finally find
You and I collide
You finally find
You and I collide
You finally find
You and I collide