Donnerstag, September 27, 2007
~ 1:24 AM ~
Five Loaves and Two Fishes by Corrinne May
A little boy of thirteen was on his way to school
He heard a crowd of people laughing and he went to take a look
Thousands were listening to the stories of one man
He spoke with such wisdom, even the kids could understand
The hours passed so quickly, the day turned into night
Everyone was hungry but there was no food in sight
The boy looked in his lunchbox, at the little that he had
He wasn't sure what good it'd do, there were thousands to be fed
But he saw the twinkling eyes of Jesus, the kindness in His smile
And the boy cried out with the trust of a child, he said,
"Take my five loaves and two fishes
Do with it as You will
I surrender
Take my fears, my inhibitions
All my burdens, my ambitions
You can use it all
To feed them all."
I often think about that boy when I'm feeling small
And I worry that the work I do means nothing at all
But every single tear I cry is a diamond in His hands
And every door that slams in my face, I will offer up in prayer
So i'll give You every breath that I have
Oh Lord, You can work miracles
All You need is my "Amen"
So, take my five loaves and two fishes
Do with it as You will
I surrender
Take my fears, my inhibitions
All my burdens, my ambitions
You can use it all
I hope it's not too small
I trust in You, i trust in You
So take my five loaves and two fishes
Do with it as You will
I surrender
Take my fears, my inhibitions
All my burdens, my ambitions
You can use it all
No gift is too small...
---------------------------------------------------------
Hmmmm.. Just realised that I haven't blogged for quite a while le. Somemore, this week is my mid-semester term break. So here I am to share about my life and thoughts.
Sept 15 marks a special night of my life. Hahaha. The whole cell group celebrated MID-AUTUMN FESTIVAL! (Memo to all: there's no such thing as Mooncake festival la..!) Hahaha.
Everyone went over to eat, and then bought our bubble teas (so that we can watch the moon, eat mooncake and drink tea) and went over to brendan's house's playground to start the whole festival. Everyone was trying to get the lantern working. Darren's squirrel lantern caught fire in the process. Burnt a big hole in the tummy area. Hahaha. But everyone enjoyed themselves. Later, we moved from the lantern lighting ceremony to the lantern burning ceremony. Hahaha. Thank God no fire engines came. Hahahaha.

Lanterns of the world... Unite~!

Darren: Let the lantern burning ceremony begin! *Throws lighter*
Jonathan going into morphing mode.
(Basically everyone is fuzzy but amanda. Hmmm.)

This little light(s) of mine, I'm gonna let it shine!

Groupies!
Notice the few lanterns left. The rest have been sacrificed. For a great cause. I presume.
The rest of the weeks nothign much happened. Apart from preparation for quizzes and projects. Have a presentation due next wednesday. Western Film History. Hahaha. It's a very fun module. Learnt about all the old and odd films and people. Quite interesting. And I need to hand in my first thesis paper on my topic by next week, from which I need to summarize a 100 page essay to be digestable. Right. But it's been fun so far. Always have been interested in theatrics and the arts. Hahahaha. Wonder what module will I take next?
Friday's cell group talked about being an encourager. And often, no matter how strong we are, we need encouragement from the people around us, the ones whom we really care for. An encourager does not encourage someone through his or her own way, but do it in a way that it can be felt by the person who is suppposed to be encouraged. An encouraging word turns heavy into light, sadness into gladness, to make you know that every sacrifice that you do is worth the every effort. It's like a refreshing drink from a water cooler after running your half-marathon. Everyone needs it. Have you been someone's encourager today? Water and you will be watered. =)
Went for my 2nd blood donation last week at Singapore Expo Hall 8. Hahaha. Reach there a few people before my friends who went before me. And unfortunately, all of them couldn't donate for various reasons(not enough iron in the blood, cannot find vein). However, I was able to donate. Happen to see Calista there also, first time donor. So I went beside her and cheered her on. Though from her expressions she was very terrified, but she still stayed on through to donate her blood. We are proud of you, Calista! Joel also another first time donor. The rest came late and they have to donate next week because they've closed for the day. Donate blood, save lives! Walked around with the bandage around and everyone thought what happened to me. Hahaha. Will donate again the next time round. You'll never know when you will need it too. =D
Euphoria's recruitment is coming up! Soon~! After the people's examinations. Which is about 2 weeks away. Hahaha. Got to be busy with a lot of stuffs, I perceive. Which I really want to see Euphoria take off, just like how Strikeforce did. And that is why I respect Boon so much. He was so ready to take the lead and spearhead the Strikeforce when no one really believed that it will work. To impact the marketplace when no one thought it was possible, when everyone thought that everyone must be on the same mountain(Pst A.R. Bernard's message). He is who I would call a visionary. And I want to be like him someday, breaking through in all areas possible, pulling from the realm of dreams and visions into the realm of reality. Yeah~! Kudos, boss~! =)
Think that is all I have to share ba. Nothing comes to my mind now. Maybe also because it is 2AM in the morning. Hahahaha.
Till next time,
Till the last trumpet sound.
---------------------------------------------------------
From The Inside Out by Hillsong United
A thousand times I've failed
Still Your mercy remains And should I stumble again
I'm caught in Your grace
Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame
Your will above all else
My purpose remains
The art of losing myself
In bringing You praise
Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame
In my heart and my soul
Lord I give You control
Consume me from the inside out
Lord let justice and praise
Become my embrace
To love you from the inside out
Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart
Is to bring You praise
From the inside out
Lord my soul cries out
--------------------------------------------------