Dienstag, Januar 08, 2008
~ 1:56 AM ~
Beautiful Saviour by Planetshakers
Jesus Beautiful Saviour
God of all Majesty
Risen King
Lamb of God
Holy and Righteous
Blessed Redeemer
Bright Morning Star
All the Heavens shout Your praise
All creation bows to worship You
How Wonderful, How Beautiful
Name above every name
Exalted High
How wonderful, How Beautiful
Jesus Your Name
Name above every name
Jesus
I will sing forever
Jesus I love You
Jesus I love You
------------------------------------------
2008 is finally here!
Well, the end of a chapter is actually the beginning of another.
The beginning is an important place to be. The way you are going for the rest of this year depends on how you start the year to be. Just like an arrowhead. An arrow travels only in the direction of the arrowhead. Focused. Precision. To be where the archer wants the arrow to land. An arrow can pierce through an enemy's armour, or it can just land up on the ground somewhere, dealing zero damage to anything (apart from the ground, that is).
Something that pastor spoke struck me. Do you know that the surface of the sun is actually 5,500 degree Celcius hot? Phew. That means it can BBQ your chicken in MILISECONDS. *Snap* Just like that. Faster even than a blink of an eye. But yet, the sun's rays are diversed out that it can deal not much damage. That when it hits the earth, it will only give us light and heat. You can't use it to cut anything except to bring light into the place. However, a beam of light, which can be of a much, much lower temperature, but when it's narrowed in and focused together, it becomes a very powerful laser that can cut through even the toughest matter known to man - diamond.
Which struck me, it doesn't matter if you are young, inexperienced, untrained, not talented, not so strong and rich. It all depends on whether are you focused. Focused people get things done. Focused people will reach their goals. Focused people change lives and destinies. Focused people are confident, has a clear direction, not easily distracted. What you focus on will get stronger. Your success is based on what you focused. When you are focused, you'll be like the stones that David used. You might be small (yes, stones are small. They are not rocks, which are larger), looks insignificant to deal any kind of damage. But as David was focused, he released his slingshot, out flies the stone that defeated Goliath. That 1 stone changed the whole battle.
For me, there are a lot of things on my mind as 2008 is here to stay. But still, there will be a few things that I will focus on this year. Goals to be set, targets to be met, breakthroughs to be experienced. Like what I said before, I'm excited of what 2008 will bring. Come what may, I'll be ready with me by His side.
So what do you want to achieve this year? Better health? Stronger financially? Harmony in family? To know Him more and love Him more? To get a good life partner? Great grades? Nothing is by chance. It takes proper, precise and specific planning and dedication, commitment, perseverance to see it come to pass.
We make our plans, counting on God to direct our paths.
Proverbs 16:9 (Amp) A man's mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure.
Don't let 2008 pass you by just like that. Make the best out of it. And let this year count for you.
Sidetracked: I HEART handrolls~! *drools*
Till next time,
Till the last trumpet sound.
----------------------------------------------------
Don't Write Me Off by Hugh Grant
(From the movie, Music and Lyrics)
It's never been easy for me
To find words to go along, with a melody
But this time there's actually something, on my mind
So please forgive these few brief awkward lines
Since I've met you, my whole life has changed
It's not just my furniture, you've rearranged
I was living in the past, but somehow you've brought me back
And I haven't felt like this since before Frankie said relax
And while I know, based on my track record
I might not seem like the safest bet
All I'm asking you, is don't write me off, just yet
For years I've been telling myself, the same old story
That I'm happy to live off my so called, former glories
But you've given me a reason, to take another chance
Now I need you, despite the fact, that you've killed all my plants
And though I know, I've already blown more chances
Than anyone should ever get
All I'm asking you, is don't write me off, just yet
Don't write me off just yet