<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/32596015?origin\x3dhttp://uaremyhidingplace.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Donnerstag, April 03, 2008
~ 2:48 AM ~
Alleluia to Christ the Lord by True Worshippers Youth

I will lift my heart and sing
I will worship You my King
Earth and heaven now proclaim
Jesus Christ the Mighty Name

Through the storm and raging sea
I will never be alone
When my hope seems out of sight
I know You will shine Your Light

Alleluia
Alleluia
Alleluia
Alleluia
To Christ the Lord
-----------------------------------------
POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE FOCUS
Quote - ... 'No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.' - Helen Keller

Positive or negative. It's your choice.
The negative easily hijacks our focus.
It takes no effort at all to be negative.
The human nature veers towards the negative without any help at all.
If you want to grow weeds in your garden do nothing with the garden.
If you want to grow good plants, that takes effort.
It means removing weeds regularly.
Constant vigilance that keeps our minds and hearts free from the negatives.
Our minds are like soil.
Plant potatoes, reap potatoes.
Plant roses, reap roses.
------------------------------------------------
Easter came and passed. A bit too fast, eh? Just a week ago, we were preparing for the stuffs for easter, what we were going to do, how to do certain things, etc. In the blink of an eye, all 19 services ended. We hit our highest ever record attendance of 53,000 and 4,900 decisions! Praise the Lord! However, it's just the beginning. Beginning is often the easiest place to be at. But indeed, we need to plough through for the harvest to come into the storehouse. The process is tendious, tiring and sometimes ends up in frustration. That's why we often need to refocus the pain and sacrifices to something worthy and good. If not, once the joy is lost, it'll take quite some time before you can find it back.

Have been going to play badminton slightly more often, though not as often as I want to. At least, there are some exercises done. Hahaha. Anyway, week 12 already. 2 more weeks to exams month. And I'm still searching around for my attachment company. Hahaha. Hopefully, they'll reply soon and I will be cleared soon! Exams schedule is already out. 7 papers from 15 Apr - 2 May. Then 10 days rest before I embark on my Industrial Orientation. But I know everything will be good according to His plans. Forsaking All, I Trust Him.

Have often been studying with McKenzie, Jasmine and Jonathan either at Jasmine's house or at McDonalds. Basically, the staffs recognise us and so did we recognise the regulars there. Both McDonalds workers and muggers alike. Hahaha. Some looked familiar but no idea where I've seen them before. Anyway, this period of time still not that bad. Midnight still quite a quiet place to study. But come October and November, the McDonalds will be swarmed with irritating Os and As levelers who do not understand the meaning of 'being considerate for others'. Oh ya, we often are the ones that turn off the TV in McDonalds because it's downright irritating! They renovated the place but yet the TV is still retarded as usual. Grrrrrr. Anyway, they often play radio stations, which is MUCH BETTER than the irritating jerking TV sound.

Had my rebirth on the 29 Apr. Hahaha. My water baptism! Hahaha. Finally, man. Took me quite some time before it happens. Water baptism is basically a public declaration that I'm a believer of Christ and that from now on, I'll live for Him totally. Was a great baptism that day, an important day for me and Janice. Super packed place, back in Jurong West. The rest of the members kind of missed the place but for me, I go back there every week, so still ok. Hahaha. But really brought back memories of the past, of how we fellowship after service, rushing off for the shuttle bus after second service has ended, how we ate at 'Teh Peng' or at Best coffeeshop, etc. Still remembered that on thurs, some of them keep on thinking for me by baptism name. Names ranged from: Bernard, Ian, Jacky, Christian, Ethan, Zephaniah, Peter, Stephen, etc. Super hilarious! Hahaha. But for me, I finally decided on one already. Hehehe.

After baptism service, went to bathe at the toilet. Wahhh. Nobody there as we were the last few to be baptised. Hahaha. Then, travelled down to expo. I never knew baptism can be so draining. I was totally flat after service and fellowship. Went to study with the gang again, nearly KO-ed halfway. Too tired. But yet, I was glad. Because something different has happened. =)

Monday, went back school to do my Spanish script with Andrew. Because we thought that we need to be prepared by this coming thursday. In the end, it was next thursday. Hahaha. But at least we got something off our mind and we can concentrate on other things. Tuesday, went for training. Only a few turned up. But quite a fun time, with all the training and stuffs. All haywire one. Hahaha. After that, went for dinner. Supposedly to go home and study, but then we decided to go watch a movie instead. Hahahah. Semi-Pro. Not a bad movie, hilarious and heartwarming to a certain extent. Kind of like your normal headless humour. And we are planning to watch Horton next week! Still thinking. Hahaha. Maybe after next training? =d I missed you.

Something got me thinking during the week. How many lives have we actually impacted? How many people can we actually call, our friends? Reminded me when I was learning German. They don't introduce someone they are not close to as 'my friend'. They would introduce as 'a friend', because 'my' is possessive which can be only used for something that very close to you. Was reading about the 6 degrees of seperation (that you choose any 2 random people off the streets, the 2 of them are related within 6 degrees of either friends, relatives, acquaintances, etc), and got me thinking. Really, we often say, 'oh, i know so-and-so' or 'oh, he's my friend i know from ____ last time'. But what are friends? Are they friends or just mere acquaintances? Have they impacted you in a major way or vice versa? Or they just been some person that just passed you by? Will they be there to catch you if you fall?

For me, I often try to be the best friend that I can be to everyone by being helpful, being sympathetic(Well, I try, but I know sometimes I fail quite badly too). There was this friend of mine, spoke to me before he left. "Thanks for being my friend. For being there when I was lost and for guiding me through. If not for you, I don't think I'll be at where I am." I'm glad that I've touched his life. That he's someone whom I can call, my friend. There are alot of people I wished that I could spend more time with, to learn, to chat, to know, to fellowship. Well, all of us have the same amount of time every day. How each relationship grow is determined by the effort and time you are willing to put in. And in every relationship, there will always be unbalanced in giving. Sometimes, we need to overlook that additional that we've put in. If everything is accounted by tit for tat, it'll be quite sad case, isn't it? So, back to the question, what was I thinking? Well, how many lives have I impacted? If I would to leave someday, would anyone remember me? How many people would be able to come up to me, and say "Hi, my friend." and really means it? How about you? How many people would be able to come up to you and say, "Hi, my friend."? To reap a friend, sow a friend. =D

Anyway, just a random thought for the week. 1 cent worth. Take it with a pinch of salt. Or pepper, whichever suits you better.

Time's up! time to hit the books again. Examinations coming soon. Yeah!

Till next time,
Till the last trumpet sound.
------------------------------------------------
When You Look Me In The Eyes by Jonas Brothers

If the heart is always searching,
Can you ever find a home?
I've been looking for that someone,
I can't make it on my own.
Dreams can't take the place of loving you,
There's gotta be a million reasons why it's true.

When you look me in the eyes,
And tell me that you love me.
Everything's alright,
When you're right here by my side.
When you look me in the eyes,
I catch a glimpse of heaven.
I find my paradise,
When you look me in the eyes.

How long will I be waiting,
To be with you again?
Gonna tell you that I love you,
In the best way that I can.
I can't take a day without you here,
You're the light that makes my darkness disappear.

Every day, I start to realize,
I can reach my tomorrow,
I can hold my head high,
And it's all because you're by my side.

When you look me in the eyes.
And tell me that you love me.
Everything's alright,
When you're right here by my side.
When you look me in the eyes,
I catch a glimpse of heaven.
I find my paradise,

When you look me in the eyes.
Oh

Your Beloved


Name: Kangwei aka Kangkang
Geburtstag: One month after the birth of my Saviour
Age: Sechsundzwanzig Jahre Alt
School: Nanyang Technological University


Let your voices be heard


The people I call, friends


|Ah HuEi|
|Ah Ma|
|A-Ru|
|BeAn SpRoUt|
|BeLoVeD SoToNgBaL |
|BeN BeN BeNeDicT|
|BrEaKeR BoTaK aKa UnCLe AliEn|
|Da LaO|
|DaPhAnIe|
|DeLvInA|
|DeSiReEeEeEeY|
|EllEzEnN|
|FlYinG StiCkS|
|FrEsHmAkEr - TaLeNtEd ArTiSt|
|FrOgGiE|
|IcE QuEeN|
|KaRyIn|
|KcMx|
|KoK KoK|
|LeUmAsDeEn|
|MaLaNg BeStSeLLeR|
|MeL L|
|MeL C|
|MiSs CLaRiS|
|MoO MoO AnGeL-hInN|
|Mr EmO|
|PeGs|
|QiAnG-gE|
|RaE|
|RoCk CLiMbEr|
|ShEn|
|SpOnGeBoB's BiGgEsT fAn|
|SzE|
|TaLL AbC|
|TaNk|
|TiMo|
|XiAoZhU|
|ZuLiaaa|

The Past


; August 2006; September 2006; Oktober 2006; November 2006; Dezember 2006; Januar 2007; Februar 2007; März 2007; April 2007; Mai 2007; Juni 2007; Juli 2007; August 2007; September 2007; Oktober 2007; November 2007; Dezember 2007; Januar 2008; Februar 2008; März 2008; April 2008; Mai 2008; Juni 2008; Juli 2008; August 2008; September 2008; Januar 2009; Februar 2009; März 2009; April 2009; Mai 2009; Juni 2009; August 2009; September 2009; Dezember 2009; Januar 2010; Februar 2010; Mai 2010; Juni 2010


credits


; j-wen
; deviantart
; brushes
; blogskins
; blogger
; Home that I can call my own
; Guitar For Christ
; Bible Gateway
; Dong Heung webbie
; SamBakZa