<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/32596015?origin\x3dhttp://uaremyhidingplace.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Mittwoch, Juli 23, 2008
~ 12:38 AM ~
HATI HAMBA by Sari Simorangkir

Ku tak dapat lupakan
Kebaikan yang ku t'rima
Pengorbanan-Mu yang mulia
Jadikan ku berharga

Kau tulus menerima
Aku apa adanya
Kekuatan kasih-Mu nyata
Memulihkan hidupku

Kau bukan Tuhan yang melihat rupa
Kau bukan Tuhan yang memandang harta
Hati hamba yang s'lalu kau cari
Biar kau temukan di dalamku

S'lama ku hidup ku mau menyembah-Mu
S'bab engkau sangat berarti bagiku
Yang terbaik yang ada padaku
Kupersembahkan kepada-Mu
Yesusku

English Version:
Standing in awe of Your grace
Setting my feet in Your ways
Entering into Your presence
To behold You face to face

God of all heaven and earth
Holding me in Your embrace
Unfailing love that surrounds me
Oh God, I stand amazed

My Jesus, my Lord
You're the love of my life
Wherever You go
Wanna be by Your side
No longer I
But Christ living in me
Serving You for all eternity

My eyes set on You
In this race that I run
No longer my ways
Let Your will be done
Make me a servant
My heart's ever true
Clinging to the cross
I'll follow You
I'll follow You
----------------------------------------
FORGIVENESS
Quote - 'God forgives all your iniquities... heals all your diseases.'- Ps 103:3

Logic fails to answer the argument offered by a wounded heart.
The wounded justify bad attitudes with logic.
'They did it first.' 'Everybody does it.' 'They deserve it.'
A rational answer doesn't solve an emotional problem.
Forgiveness is the key to healing.
Forgive people before they apologise.
Even though it doesn't seem fair. You want revenge.
But forgive them. Let it go. Be bigger than your offenders.
Everyday, forgive everybody everything they've ever done against you.
And healing and health are yours.
----------------------------------------
So fast, it's already coming to the end of July. Decided to blog early before my tagboard is flooded with multiple update requests. =d

First up, on 2 July, went with my friends to WWW (Wild Wild Wet)! Quite a fun experience. The place was ok only, but like what they say, it's the friends that makes it fun! This is only the second time I've been to WWW. The first one was also hilarious and fun. Anyway, we played literally the whole day and was almost died-ed after everything. After that, I had to rush over to city hall to have the 'Last Supper' with John as he's going into Army soon. Imagining him being botak, hahahaha.. =d Quite alot of people was there, had a great time bridging at Pacific Coffee before we go our seperate ways. Goodbye, John's hair. Hahahaha. Meeting him again 2 weeks later as he comes out of prison break. =x

Went to shave my head for charity! Hahaha. It all happened on the 6th July, Sunday at Novena Square. It was to suppport the CCF (Children's Cancer Foundation). Alot of people were there and many many were just walk-ins (i.e. they did not register as either they just know it on the spot or there was no more vacancies on the online booth). I saw a few Caucasians also. Love knows no boundaries. And there were quite a few females too, kudos to them. Like what my friend said, it really takes alot of courage for a girl to shave bald. Guys, no problem. We went through National Service. But I feel that it was a meaningful event as it really help the children themselves, to let them know that they are not alone fighting cancer, that there are people there to support them. =)

Work has been alright. But with my shaven head, alot of people asked what happened. Hahahaha. Army? Sick? Prison? Hahaha. Most of them were quite surprised when I told them the reason. And the kids at the schools are starting to call me 'botak uncle'. (To them, anyone older than 16 is considered 'uncle' *Self-consolation* So imagine my smile when 1 of the kids called mi kor kor. =D ) Anyway, those who called me 'botak uncle' were all scolded by their teachers after that. =x

Finally, I went to watch a movie after so long! And it was Kungfu Panda! Went to watch it with Daph, Del and Angeline. Quite a good show. But we were late and missed out on the opening. Overall, a good show. Super funny! I love PO! He's cute and determined. Believe in the hero that's within you. After that, we went to eat at Rochor then we just went home.



Another movie I watched for the past few weeks was 200 pound beauty. Bought the vcd dunno how many eons ago and now finally got the time to watch it. Was quite an alright movie, hilarious and funny! Outer beauty is important, but much more is inner beauty. Why not have both?



Was discussing with Angeline regarding our trip in October. (Looking forward to it!) Told her I wanted to have a short trip before my new semester starts. Little did I know it was to come sooner than I expected.

Went back to Muar, Malaysia 2 days ago. It was an unplanned trip as my mum was notified last minute that my uncle has been strickened with cancer. So on saturday morning, we took the cab down to Larkin, Malaysia and took the KKKL bus to Muar. When we reached to bus terminal, met up with my cousin who drove us to the house.

I nearly couldn't believe my eyes. The uncle that I knew had literally shrunk into half. I couldn't recognise him at first until I saw the sparkle in his eyes whenever I see him. He's always involved in serving his community and make changes that benefited everyone. He was fit and always walking about, going from places to places, getting to know the people. But now, it's a 180-degree change from his former self. He loves to eat but now he has to be kept on a strict diet. He used to be very energetic but now he's walking with a walking stick.

He's already in the third stage of his cancer. According to the doctor, he might not make it pass this year. But my uncle's family are doing all they can to help him become better, by maintaining his diet, bringing him for chemotherapy twice every week, blending fruit juices to detox his body. So far, he's looking better than when he was first diagnosed. At least he's eating a bit and able to walk around. But still, my heart just sank when I saw him. The change was just too great. A healthy person, over a while, changed to someone who's fighting for his life at the brim.

Sometimes, the unexpected happens. But before the unexpected happens, the expected must still be dealt with properly. It really struck me how unhealthy my lifestyle has been. Ya, sure, there might be excuses that why I am not being healthy, e.g. work, studies, tiredness, etc. I have friends that talked to me about it, I have friends who encouraged me to do it. But sometimes, human are just too stubborn until an out-of-the-blue lightning bolt has to jolt us until we realise the full impact. Warning signals need to be heeded to, that's why they are there in the first place.

Sometimes, God speaks to us using words. But if that fails, He will use an experience we'll never forget to tell us.

I have decided to make certain changes in order to improve my health. The warning signs are there, I have to heed them before they become something worse. There's still so much things that I'm aiming for and want to achieve. I would need a good body which can last me through the finish line.

On a lighter note, my uncle's family treated us with alot of good food for the past few days. I miss Muar, I miss Malaysia. The FOOD, the people. But I think I'll need to brush up my Malay. Most of the things I forgot how to say le. Hahaha. Hope to go back someday again. Also, went to my mum's hometown, Panchor. Quite a nice and beautiful small town. Really small. About the size of maybe 1 small neighbourhood of Singapore? But really, you'll get to see how simple their life was.

Photo time!



My company's joint partner for PC Show 2008. Quite fun people there too. Olympics just a few days away, by the way. Anyway, the 5 characters looks more weird than cute, if you ask me. 1 cent worth.



One of the schools have a creative corner and taught them how to paint on tiles. Wow! The kids are really talented. And they are not even 6 years old! Wowz. But 1 of the tiles really struck me.



It was this one. Why this one, you might ask? Well, read the writeup and you'll know what I mean. For those with not so good eyesight (e.g. spongebob's best fren.. =x), below is a blowup of the writeup.



Somehow, it struck something in me. To this boy, maybe something really happened to him. He's trying to be strong, though he might not know exactly what's happening. But he's willing to go through it, whatever it is, no matter what it will become, he will be strong. It touched me. God, heal him.


My uncle's garden/front porch in Malaysia.



Ah... The swing that brought back memories. My cousins and I often play on this swing when we were very young. How things change. We even seldom meet up as everyone is at different parts of the world.



Sidetracked: Death Notebook. =x



This is like taken dunno how long ago. No idea what the 2 of them were trying to do.



Saw this signboard outside one of the company's main door. Interesting..... =d

Till next time,
Till the last trumpet sound.
----------------------------------------
Stolen by Dashboard Confessionals

We watch the season pull up its own stakes
And catch the last weekend of the last week
Before the gold and the glimmer have been replaced,
Another sun soaked season fades away

You have stolen my heart

Invitation only, grant farewells
Crush the best one, of the best ones
Clear liquor and cloudy eyed, too early to say goodnight

You have stolen my heart

And from the ballroom floor we are in celebration
One good stretch before our hibernation
Our dreams assured and we all, will sleep well

You have stolen
You have stolen my heart

I watch you spin around in the highest heels
You are the best one, of the best ones
We all look like we feel

You have stolen my
You have stolen my heart

Your Beloved


Name: Kangwei aka Kangkang
Geburtstag: One month after the birth of my Saviour
Age: Sechsundzwanzig Jahre Alt
School: Nanyang Technological University


Let your voices be heard


The people I call, friends


|Ah HuEi|
|Ah Ma|
|A-Ru|
|BeAn SpRoUt|
|BeLoVeD SoToNgBaL |
|BeN BeN BeNeDicT|
|BrEaKeR BoTaK aKa UnCLe AliEn|
|Da LaO|
|DaPhAnIe|
|DeLvInA|
|DeSiReEeEeEeY|
|EllEzEnN|
|FlYinG StiCkS|
|FrEsHmAkEr - TaLeNtEd ArTiSt|
|FrOgGiE|
|IcE QuEeN|
|KaRyIn|
|KcMx|
|KoK KoK|
|LeUmAsDeEn|
|MaLaNg BeStSeLLeR|
|MeL L|
|MeL C|
|MiSs CLaRiS|
|MoO MoO AnGeL-hInN|
|Mr EmO|
|PeGs|
|QiAnG-gE|
|RaE|
|RoCk CLiMbEr|
|ShEn|
|SpOnGeBoB's BiGgEsT fAn|
|SzE|
|TaLL AbC|
|TaNk|
|TiMo|
|XiAoZhU|
|ZuLiaaa|

The Past


; August 2006; September 2006; Oktober 2006; November 2006; Dezember 2006; Januar 2007; Februar 2007; März 2007; April 2007; Mai 2007; Juni 2007; Juli 2007; August 2007; September 2007; Oktober 2007; November 2007; Dezember 2007; Januar 2008; Februar 2008; März 2008; April 2008; Mai 2008; Juni 2008; Juli 2008; August 2008; September 2008; Januar 2009; Februar 2009; März 2009; April 2009; Mai 2009; Juni 2009; August 2009; September 2009; Dezember 2009; Januar 2010; Februar 2010; Mai 2010; Juni 2010


credits


; j-wen
; deviantart
; brushes
; blogskins
; blogger
; Home that I can call my own
; Guitar For Christ
; Bible Gateway
; Dong Heung webbie
; SamBakZa