Donnerstag, Juli 31, 2008
~ 4:33 PM ~
Walau Seribu Rebah (English) by True Worshippers
Mercies that rise with the new morn
Set me apart as a new born
Each moment I live
By faith I believe
With You I'm never alone
Darkness may come, trials seem so long
You are the light I depend on
Through valleys and storms
Your word keeps me strong
My Shelter, Refuge and Song
I trust in You
Everyday I live
I know You are my God
I life my face and look to You my Lord
Even when the mountains tremble
And a thousand fall
I will stand with You
My Jesus
Take my all
----------------------------------------
HUMILITY
Quote - '... I would have made a good pope." - Richard M. Nixon (1913 - 1994)
Humility knows we need God. Say, 'I need You God.'
Humility knows we need others. Say, 'I need other people.'
Humility recognises now great we are not. Say, 'Lord, You've done it all.'
Humility admits our own shortcomings and congratulates others on their successes.
Humility serves others we consider our equal or less.
Humility waits patiently. Say, 'I am patient.'
Humility restrains anger. Say, 'I forgive everyone who has ever offended me.'
Humility is not announcing our own achievements.
Humility prefers others.
Humility is not something that is given to us.
Humility is something we do to ourselves.
----------------------------------------
Hahaha. Rare to see another entry? I'm trying to blog as frequent as possible and whenever I have a train of thought, so I can blog it and remember it. (If not, it'll be lost in transition.)
After service on Saturday, we went to Eunos to fellowship. (Well, it's definitely better than staying at expo. We are going closer and closer to central area. Yeah! =d ) But that was after a big hoo-ha and mixed up information. Anyway, there's nothing much to eat at Eunos either. After that, alot of people just went home, left a few of us around. So we basically roamed around Eunos MRT and played guitars. Took quite a lot of pictures and Melvin was the star of the night. Hahahaha. Rock on! =x
Watched Batman: The Dark Knight with Adam, John (botak!), Mac, Jasmine, Joelle and a special guest appearance(Hahaha), after fellowship. Had to rush down to City Hall because I forgot about the time. Went in late but just nice the movie began in 30 seconds.
The movie was simply great! Awesome! Really fantastic! (Spoilers upfront!)
More than just an action movie, it really bring deep thoughts regarding issues concerning morality and convictions. How certain people's convictions waiver under certain pressure. Yet, in the midst of the chaos, people still make the right decisions that will affect others. An example would be the scene on the 2 life boats going out of Gotham. 1 full of citizens and 1 full of criminals. They were given a remote each to blow up each other's boat so as to keep theirs afloat. As the time ticks by, the citizens voted to blow up the criminals yet no one was able to carry the guilt of taking another life. The warden on the criminals' boat struggled with his conscience to press the remote until a big and husky man came up, took up the remote, and threw it out of the window. It shows that how society, no matter how evil it becomes, is able to have someone who has his morals and convictions right, even if he's a criminal.
Well, this entire movie is supposedly about Batman, but really the true character and background of Joker is being brought out to life. How he became the one who is so evil. There was this scene that explains his evilness. The scene where he went into the meeting of the gangsters, one of the guy called him a freak. He replied, "I'm not really crazy. I'm here to show how crazy this world has become." That when you look at Joker, he's no longer a full-time super evil villian who was born to destroy the world, but you'll see a man, a person who was brought up in his own circumstances. But it is a great show overall. Two thumbs up!

Watched another movie on Monday too! (Hahaha. Movie Marathon week!) Went to watch 10 Promises to my dog. Watched it with Serene and Del. Was quite a nice movie too. Simple, non-violence movie. LOL. 10 years might seems a long time now, but imagine 10 years back was so like, yesterday? Time flies, never to come back. 10 years ago, I was preparing for my O level Chinese paper and 10 years after that, I'm preparing for my final year in NTU. And how along the way, we forgot our promises to some people. A promise is still a promise. Doesn't matter what happens after that, but as you have given your word, make it come to pass. Often when we are going to lose sight of something, then we will begin to treasure it more. Isn't it true, how funny humans work? Treasure what you have, if not, what is precious to you will be taken away.

Oh ya, today is my last day of work! Wuhoo! Finally, can rest a few days before the start of my school term. Yeah! I wanna go overseas! =D
Till next time,
Till the last trumpet sound.
----------------------------------------
Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper
From the movie, 10 Promises to my dog
Lying in my bed I hear the clock tick,
And think of you
Caught up in circles confusion
Is nothing new
Flashback warm nights
Almost left behind
Suitcases of memories,
Time after
Sometimes you picture me
I'm walking too far ahead
You're calling to me, I can't hear
What you've said
Then you say go slow
I fall behind
The second hand unwinds
If you're lost you can look and you will find me
Time after time
If you fall I will catch you I'll be waiting
Time after time
After my picture fades and darkness has
Turned to gray
Watching through windows you're wondering
If I'm OK
Secrets stolen from deep inside
The drum beats out of time
If you're lost you can look and you will find me
Time after time
If you fall I will catch you I'll be waiting
Time after time
You said go slow
I fall behind
The second hand unwinds
If you're lost you can look and you will find me
Time after time
If you fall I will catch you I'll be waiting
Time after time
If you're lost you can look and you will find me
Time after time
If you fall I will catch you I'll be waiting
Time after time
Time after time
Time after time
Time after time