Dienstag, Januar 27, 2009
~ 9:50 PM ~
My life, Your song by City Harvest Church
Whose hands are these
Holding my trapeze
When I fly
You carry me
Whose eyes are these
Watching over me
Eyes of love
That set me free
Unafraid
What's ahead
You are always there before
My whole world
Your design
You are always there
Just right behind
My life is Your song
To You my heart belongs
Let all earthly crowns
Fade in the shadow of the cross
My life is Your song
I'll sing for You alone
Nothing in this world
Can take me away from You
Our love goes on and on
Whose arms are these
Shelter me from harm
In the storm
You are my calm
Whose voice I hear
Whisper in my ear
When I'm lost
You're always near
In all my life
Be glorified
With Christ in me
No longer I
So take my all
Consuming fire
Your light in me
I'll let it shine
--------------------------------------------
Consult not your fears, but your hopes and dreams.
Think not about your frustrations, but your unfulfilled potential.
Concern yourself not with what you have tried and failed in,
but with what it is still possible for you to do.
- Pope John XXIII
--------------------------------------------
Toddlers' Rule of Possession
1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If it's in my hand, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I have it a little while ago, it's mine.
5. If it's mine, it must NEVER appear to be yours anyway.
6. If I'm doing or building something, all the pieces are mine.
7. If it looks just like mine, it is mine.
8. If I saw it first, it's mine.
9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
10. If it's broken, it's yours.
PS: Do you (or someone you know) exhibit these characteristics?
--------------------------------------------
Time for an update! (It was only possible because there is a lonnnggg weekend due to chinese new year.)
New sememster has settled in. With much resistance actually. Projects and projects and presentations and presentations, seems to be the life of a final year student. Had our first 'official' presentation as business people for one of the modules. We were grilled, fired at, bombed at, skinned throughout the whole presentation. Everyone in the class was super demoralised for the entire day. But still, new hopes await those that do not give up. A new project focus will be given to us again, to sharpen everything that we need to have before we join the workforce as a competent and skilled professional. Take it as a challenge or and obstacle. What you perceive is what you will be facing.
Celebrated my 18th(=d) birthday few days ago with quite a number of groups of friends. just simple celebrations. Like I always say, it's the company that counts. Celebrated with the cell people and at night, with the gang people @ Hong Kong Cafe(Bugis). Alot of chatting and crapping and teasing. All till 1 plus in the morning, when John has already KO-ed for the past 15 minutes. Everyone was amazed at how early he can sleep. Hahahaha.
Birthday day itself was spent quite boringly, slept until early afternoon (long time since I did that), woke up, lunch-ed and then packed my entire room. Which I end up throwing about 1/4 of my stuffs away. Too many redundant and rubbish stuffs. Also found quite a few stuffs which I thought was misplaced. Hahaha. After that, had a small reunion dinner(as always), but was very fun. Practically nua-ed after that, watching tv and movies and stuffs.
Next day, chu yi, or the first day of the new lunar new year, went out with the mission team people for our annual chu yi gathering. Which happens to be at Kallang Leisure Park Coffee Bean for 2 years running. (hint hint) Gave me a surprise birthday celebration and a very special gift.... i was thinking what message they were trying to bring across. hmmmm..
At night, went out with wenhui for foot reflexology. Nearly died-ed. The person is super strong with her fingers. I nearly went into fits when she pressed, chopped, swinged my legs in all sorts of twisting and turning. Very suffering process but quite relaxing end-product. Hahaha. Then met the cell people to watch, Bride Wars. Quite a funny and good show, hilarious, judging from the response of the audience. There are things which was said in the movie were quite true. Points to ponder. After the movie, everyone took a taxi home, except for the north side who sat in Uncle's humungous 'container truck'. They squeezed about 12(?) people in it? Amazing.. Hahaha.
Following day, practically slept until lunchtime. Woke up, and went over to Jonathan's house to invade his PS3. Got my 2nd and 3rd ang paos for the entire lunar new year. Hahaha. Thanks, aunties! After that, I ate steamboat with his family. Quite interesting dinner, 'cause all the people were talking about National Service and stuffs like that. Brings back certain memories. =d
Alright, it's time to let photos do the talking.

Randomly from burger king. Since 1954.

Christmas tree at Bugis when it was transported over at night. We were wondering why the christmas tree was slanted.

My playground. =D
(The 2 blue areas are also part of the main screen. Imagine DOTA-ing or MSN on it. =D)

The song lyrics for the song for wenhui. Written in sweat, blood, laughters and alot of boo-boos.

Harvey, my member. Great guy on the guitar. Knows how to play practically any song you throw at him. Literally. =d

Famous quotes on little kids. Quite interesting and true.

My mansion! (Not... yet!) =D

I don't know why, but this place really reminds me of my home in Malaysia. So... home-y. :)

The tallest teddy bear tree! Let all the bears combine! Saw this at Suntec Convention Centre. (All soft toys collected will be donated to various children's home for their christmas presents. Sweet.)

Read this book at a childcare centre. I was so bored with waiting so I picked up a book to read. It's a simple and yet very interesting book. Somehow like butterfly effect. Read it if you come across it. It'll only take you a minute.
Birthday presents! :)

A new belt from my brother. Really needed one as all my others already cui-ed.

A goldlion wallet from the gang! As you can see, i'm already using it. My old one was............ sigh.. beyond redemption. =d
Oh ya, got another shirt from them, but as it is still being washed, I post up the picture once I take it.

Technically my first birthday gift for this year. Mayday's latest album! Thanks, Joy!

Honor's Reward, by John Bevere from my cell group, N34One. The 1 chapter that he taught us was already mind-blowing. Can't wait to finish the whole book.

Don't think this is considered a birthday present but still a gift from Marg! Cute otter. Hahaha!

The gift that left me dumb-founded. A cactus from the mission team. Training my patience on plants? And my temptation to not use it to poke anyone. =d
Sidetracked:

Watching this series of taiwan drama recently. Air-ed on tv, but didn't really catch it, so re-catching it now. Quite hilarious and funny.
Oooooo... And I especially like the female supporting actress, Michelle Chen Yan Xi 陳妍希 . Wuhoo~!

Drool~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Though her character in the show was quite scheming, but she's so beautiful~!
*End of crazy mode*
Hahaha. That almost wraps up most of January. Update soon.
Till next time,
Till the last trumpet sound.
--------------------------------------------
不能说的秘密
歌手:周杰伦
冷咖啡离开了杯垫
我忍住的情绪在很后面
拼命想挽回的从前
在我脸上依旧清晰可见
最美的不是下雨天
是曾与你躲过雨的午夜
回忆的画面
在荡着秋千梦开始不甜
你说把爱渐渐放下会走更远
又何必去改变你走过的世界
你用你的指尖
阻止我说再见
想像你在身边才完全失去之前
或许命运的签只让我们遇见
只让我们相恋
这一季的秋天
飘落后才发现这幸福的碎片
要我怎么捡