Dienstag, Februar 17, 2009
~ 3:40 PM ~
Depths of your love by the Alternative
Before the earth
Before all days
You knew me
Formed in Your image
Made in Your likeness
You love me
The light of Your word
The truth of Your promise
Guides me
The power of Your mercy
The love of Your grace
Deep inside of me
It's the depths of Your love
Moving in the depths of me
I believe
In the power of Your name
I believe
In the promise of faith
I believe
In the love of a God
Jesus my Saviour
I believe, I believe
Speak into this mountain
To move into the ocean
With Your authority
Given to me
No matter what happened
Here I am standing
On the hope of Your word
Promise to me
-------------------------------------------------
The tragedy of life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal.
The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.
It isn't a calamity to die with dreams unfulfilled,
but it is a calamity not to dream.
- Benjamin Elijah Mays

-------------------------------------------------
Coming into the 3rd week of Feburary. Time really flies, next week will be my term break. Which means I'll have 7 more weeks till my final examinations. *Phew*
Jan 30. Went to celebrate Faith's and my birthday together with Joel, Bernice and Samuel. Bettie supposed to come but end up not picking up the phone. *Haizzz.* Basically went to Pastamania @ Plaza Singapura. We were able to get seats quite soon as there was a group that was leaving. Sat down, ate and chatted and crapped and laughed. Then the cake came! And something happened.........
Firstly, the cake was from Swensens, but just happened that the person who tied up the cake, didn't put in the knife. -_-'''.
Secondly, pastamania really strict to the rule whereby no outside food was allowed. Birthday cakes were not excluded. T_T.
Thirdly, as outside food was not allowed, we weren't able to use their utensils to eat our cake, neither could we borrow their knife to cut our frozen-as-hard-as-a-brick ice-cream cake. They passed us a fork instead. Unfortunately, the fork was sacrificed greatly in the cutting of the cake. =_=
We took almost half an hour trying to cut the cake into pieces. With Joel, Bernice and Samuel "creating the atmosphere", by playing with the dry ice to make special effects. Hahahaha. But finally, we did it and enjoyed the delicious and yummy strawberry ice-cream cake. (I would prefer an ice-cream cake anytime! Hahaha.)
After that, the couple had to go home, so Samuel, Faith and me went to watch a movie, the wedding game. Was alright, but just quite monotone? Bride wars was better in terms of quite alot of things also. (And sitting in the first few rows is a bit too front. Really had to sit back but can't relax. LOL.) After that, we all went home.
Feburary was quite an uneventful month actually. Basically rushing our Human Resource Management (HRM) project almost every other day. Those who went through it then will know how *ahem* "challenging" it can be. Hahaha. But good thing was that our team turn out well, first time in the tutorial did the tutor praise any one of us. Oh yeah! Great teammates are VERY important, especially dealing with certain tutors. Hahahaha.
Valentine's Day came and went. Hahaha. It fell on a saturday so not much plans except going for service! Hahaha. Pastor preached a very good word on what are the needs of man and woman. Quite a very interesting topic. So far we went through the first 3 points and the interesting thing is that in both genders, one have to find mutual interests in the things that the other partner like to do. If there's no mutual interest, there's not much room for communication either. Quote from HRM, have the same playing field. (Oh my, I'm really too engrossed in HRM. =x) If there isn't anything common, then it's quite hard to get into one another's life. True.
After that, went out with the cell group to Esplanade/Marina Square to chill and relax. Nothing much special. Just like any other saturday, except everywhere is crowded with couples and couples and more couples. Wanted to stay at the esplanade there to listen to the outdoor performances but simply too many people already. I would enjoy spending weekend evenings going to esplanade to listen to soft jazz or blues. Kind of acquired the taste for it. Hahahaha. Maybe will drag the gang along, for now. =d
Photos:

The shirt that the gang bought for me for my birthday. Thanks, guys!

Maximized Manhood. Gift from Angeline Malang. Hahaha. Thanks!

Roses for Valentine's Day! (For the cell group girls actually.)

Interview at Isetan Scotts office for our HRM Project. Inside was Sari, one of my team members.
My tutor who speaks like a speeding bullet. And so does his slides. Tried to capture the solutions but in vain.

Birthday celebration with Faith, Joel, Bernice, Samuel.


Samuel and Bernice, the atmosphere builders. As you can see, they are creating the smoke from the dry ice. End up the people surrounding us were looking at us. Hahahaha.
The birthday boy and girl.
Till next time,
Till the last trumpet sound.
-------------------------------------------------
The Distance by Evan and Jaron
The sky has lost it's color
The sun has turned to grey
At least that's how it feels to me
Whenever you're away
I crawl up in the corner
As I watch the minutes pass
Each one brings me closer to
The time when you'll be back
I can't take the distance
I can't take the miles
I can't take the time
Until the next time I see you smile
I can't take the distance
And I'm not ashamed
That with every breath I take I'm calling your name
But I can't the distance
I still believe in feelings
But sometimes I feel too much
I make believe you're close to me
But it ain't close enough
Not nearly close enough
I'll brave fire and I'll brave rain
To be by your side I'd do anything
I can't take the distance
I will take the distance
I will take the miles
That's how much you mean to me