This is our God By Hillsongs
Your grace is enough
More than I need
At Your word I will believe
I wait for You
Draw near again
Let Your Spirit make me new
I will fall at Your feet
I will fall at Your feet
And I will worship You here
Your presence in me
Jesus light the way
By the power of Your word
I am restored
I am redeemed
By Your Spirit I am free
Freely You gave it all for us
Surrendered Your life upon that cross
Great is the love
Poured out for all
This is our God
Lifted on high from death to life
Forever our God is glorified
Servant and King
Rescued the world
This is our God
----------------------------------------------------
Age is no guarantee of maturity.
-Lawana Blackwell
Facing a mirror you see merely your own countenance; facing your child you finally understand how everyone else has seen you.
-Daniel Raeburn
Character - the willingness to accept responsibility for one's own life - is the source from which self respect springs.
- Joan Didion
----------------------------------------------------
Wuhoo! A breather along the way, before things get very busy next month.
June has been good. Basically getting to know the SOT people better. Began to share our stuffs among ourselves, chit chat, gather to plan for new things, teasing and fellowshipping. But after Pst Bobby reminded us that we have 9 weeks left, everyone was super downcasted. After 9 weeks, all these things will be different. After 9 weeks, everything will come to an end. All the morning travelling to Jurong West, all the dragging-of-bodies for morning prayer meetings at 8am, all the "老板, 我要板面一碗" craze after school(esp. Verene! Hahah. Motivation for school. =d) , going to JB as a crazy group. Well, everything has to come to an end. 毕竟, 天下无不散之宴席. We'll have to part someday, but this period of time will be etched in our memories forever. A time where we gathered together from different denominations and churches for 1 purpose, to be equipped. We will meet up again, yeah? Our future trips are already in the planning. Hahaha!
Our first trip (out of the many that we will go! Hahaha! Confession, yeah!) to the nearby place of Johor Baru (JB):
The start before JB: Serious mugging.


(Note: Only Jeremy is posing, all the rest mugging. I wonder why........ =d)
And yes, we all brought our passports.

Yong Jie, our ever-ready JB Tour Guide and Boss (treated us to some good food wor)!

The girls

The guys

The JB team

The guys went to watch movie while the girls went shopping. We end up watching Terminator Salvation. Yong Jie slept through almost of it. I part of it. Hahaha. After that, we met up with the girls to go for dinner. Seafood!

Nice place. Good food, a bit squeezy though, but really old Singapore style. I so miss Malaysia. Hahaha.
After that, we had desserts at some Hong Kong KimGary Restaurant. Look like your normal Hong Kong Cafe in Singapore.
The drinks there. Nice~ Group Photo
After the night roaming for a while more, we returned to reality Singapore. Hahaha! But it was great fun, really. Enjoyed myself with the group. Even though it was like a month of so since we know one another, we bonded quite well with one another. Well, more trips to come. Hopefully by then, the group would have doubled! (With all the significant halves coming too! Hahaha!)
Next up, was the Songs of Solomon churchwide bible study. It will be a 5-part series and as of this coming thursday, pastor will finish part 5. Basically about our love for God and our consecration. And every night, even though it was a bible study, the presence of God was so tangible and often, many would weep and kneel in the auditorium. That indeed, there are different stages of love. Initial love, waivering love, faltering love, growing love, mature love. Growing from glory to glory, from strength to strength, from love to love.
Everything else has been good. Work-wise, SOT-wise. Basically the things that I have been busy with these few months. Hahaha. More things to blog about in my next few posts, I think. And also because my brain is getting sleepy le, so I will end here.
Till the last trumpet sound.
----------------------------------------------------
Over you by Chris Daughtry
Now that it's all said and done,
I can't believe you were the one
To build me up and tear me down,
Like an old abandoned house.
What you said when you left
Just left me cold and out of breath.
I fell too far, was in way too deep.
Guess I let you get the best of me.
Well, I never saw it coming.
I should've started running
A long, long time ago.
And I never thought I'd doubt you,
I'm better off without you
More than you, more than you know.
I'm slowly getting closure.
I guess it's really over.
I'm finally getting better.
And now I'm picking up the pieces.
I'm spending all of these years
Putting my heart back together.
'Cause the day I thought I'd never get through,
I got over you.
You took a hammer to these walls,
Dragged the memories down the hall,
Packed your bags and walked away.
There was nothing I could say.
And when you slammed the front door shut,
A lot of others opened up,
So did my eyes so I could see
That you never were the best for me.